Re: [RFC] : New features (search, filters, virtual folders...)

Hi,

On 2001.11.11 01:41 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> > solution is to use a finer flag systems for messages : a flag indicating
>
> > that filters have been applied to it; perhaps this is yet possible, I
> saw
> > that libmutt flags are finer that balsa's, balsa has only NEW flag, but
> > libmutt has new and unread flags, if I understand it well).
> >

> i'm not sure if this will hold for imap. don't some imap servers look at
> flags or somesuch ?
> libmutt knows about 6 or so flags

IMAP has 3. RECENT, UNSEEN and FLAGGED. Recent is set on any message that
is freshly moved to a folder, whenever it's moved to a folder. It stays set
until the message is next accessed and cannot be manually reset.
Unseen is set when a message is first stored on the server. It can be set
by the user, but will automatically reset the first time a message is
accessed. It can be set again multiple times, always being cleard
automatically. The state of this flag is remembered across moves, the flag
is _never_ set on copy.
Flagged is completely under user control, it is set on a message instance.
Once set, the flag stays with the message if it's moved, but will not be
set on a copy of the message. Some implementations may set it on copies,
though. It must be reset manually, the server is not supposed to touch it.

Melanie