[RFC] : New features (search, filters, virtual folders...)

	Hi all,
yeah we approach 1.3.x developpement release so I can't help it, I want to
share ideas about new features for Balsa. I began to talk with Carlos
about it in private, and find it natural to bring it to the list.

First of all, ASA the filters patch will be incorporated in 1.3.x dev
cycle (that will be soon, or even for the first release, please confirm
that Carlos :). So we will have an (rather basic, and we will have to fix
all the design flaws and weird bugs :) infrastructure that will allow us
to implement all these new features :
	* filtering on demand or automatic filtering (eg on reception, on
exit, that's what is planned for now, but this is extensible) : this is
what is in place for now and work pretty well (at least for me and few
others, though I don't use automatic filtering and this part is not really
well tested, isn't it Carlos ;-)
	* search functions : using the "matching functions" (we'll have
perhaps to split the current API to have more flexible funcs) we can
implement a "classical" search func, ie search in place that is you enter
a matching rule, click the button and you are moved to the first (or last,
or next...) message matching this rule, but also we could have something
different : something like an "out of place" search, I think of a popup
window with a list of message that match the rules, you browse it and
double-click on whatever message will let you see the message (eg it will
select the message in the mailbox, or simply open a new window that will
print the whole message like when you now double-click on a message in the
list; this should certainly be choosable by prefs).
	* virtual folders (I don't know Evolution but everyone speaks
about it, shame on me :) : as I have thought about it, it is a "fake"
mailbox, and, when you launch it, it will be filled in by all messages
(from one or several mailboxes) matching the rules you had set up. Also
each message in the virtual folder will be like "symlinks" in file
systems, that is I think like the search func when double-clicking a
message in the v. folder you will be either moved to the actual message,
or the message will be pop-uped in a new window, or whatever other
possibility you can think of.

OK here it is, comment, flame war, whatever welcome :) before I try to
code one or another.
Thanks to have read 'till here :)
Bye
Manu