Re: More observations from a new user

On 2001.11.03 08:27 Jim Mayer wrote:
> (1) I really didn't like the bright green "unread messages" color.
> People are very sensitive to green light, and the bright green lines
> appeared visibly larger that the surrounding text to me.  I find that
> blues tend to be a lot less visually distracting.

Is red OK? blue tends to overlap with gnome default colors (but I guess it
would be acceptable, too).

> (3) A preference option to have Balsa open my "inbox" on startup would
> be nice.

There is a command flag (in CVS), I have added a preference entry as well.

> (4) The "Oh my God! You've got new mail! You bastard!" audio message
> that is the default on my system is a bit over the top.  I don't know if
> that is set in Balsa or in Gnome.

Well, it is distributed with balsa :-). It comes from the times when balsa
was really, really, underground/indy stuff for hardcore geeks. Please,
submit a better
wav file if you have it around. (or anybody else has some suggestions?)

/Pawel