More observations from a new user

Here are a couple more observations:

(1) I really didn't like the bright green "unread messages" color.
People are very sensitive to green light, and the bright green lines
appeared visibly larger that the surrounding text to me.  I find that
blues tend to be a lot less visually distracting.

(2) When I changed the color to blue the change was not immediately
apparent. I had to close and re-open mailboxes to see the color change.

(3) A preference option to have Balsa open my "inbox" on startup would
be nice.

(4) The "Oh my God! You've got new mail! You bastard!" audio message
that is the default on my system is a bit over the top.  I don't know if
that is set in Balsa or in Gnome.

(5) On my system, Balsa wraps long lines when I save or send messages
even if I specify that neither outgoing or incoming messages are to be
wrapped.

Thanks again.

-- Jim