Re: A problem with mime-types and viewers

On 2001.11.03 06:43 Jim Mayer wrote:
> I'm seeing some odd behavior with 1.2.2 apparently incorrectly
> associating mime types and viewer.  I'll start by listing my
> configuration, then some of the things I've looked at.
>
> I'm running Redhat 7.2 with the 2.4.9-7 kernel.  I compiled balsa 1.2.2
> with the default "configure" options and used whatever version of Gnome
> Redhat is shipping along with the "gnome-doc-tools-2-0.noarch.rpm" file
> that was mentioned in thearchives a few days back.
>
> I see two forms of odd behavior:
>
> (1) I have a message with an attached ".rtf" file.  Balsa gives me the
> message:
>
>      No open or view action defined in GNOME MIME for this content type.
>      Content Type: application/rtf
>      Filename: school clos reminder.rtf

The important packages in this context is gnome-mime and gnome-vfs - and
gnome-1.4. Balsa uses gnome-mime to find out the actions associated with
file and attachment types. It seems that as of gnome-1.4, the gnome-mime
actions cannot be configured(?) any more with the control center, I tried
and failed. Can anybody else confirm or deny this?

/Pawel

--
Pawel Salek, Theoretical Chemistry, SCFAB, Stockholm
http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/