Re: Questions and Observations From a New user

> (1) When I compose a new message balsa kindly wraps text for me.  If I
> save that message to the Draftbox, the text is permanently wrapped.  If
> [CUT]
> [CUT]
> text was never wrapped at all (is there a line length limit in the
> RFCs?).

It's an option ..

Settings->Preferences->
	Mail Options
		Outgoing -> [ ] Wrap Outging Text At

> (2) When I create a new Mailbox in the Mailbox panel the Mailbox is
> created, but the display is not updated until I exit and restart Balsa.

Same problem here .. using balsa 1.2.1 at this moment

> (5) The default font for the message panel is microscopic on my
> system.  The font for the message header panel is just fine.

Same problem here, (use "User Font" of gnome as default ?)

> (14) The ability to use the Gecko HTML rendering engine from Mozilla
> for high quality, in-line, HTML display would be really slick.

Hmm, My opinion : bad idea. Gecko is for "real" browsers/ GtkHTML is
for applications that need to view "simple" html. Like E-Mail clients
that want to view HTML-Attachments. Maybe as "option" (at compilation)
but I still don't like the idea.

> I hope these comments are helpful... I've often found that new users
> are particularly good at (re)discovering the glitches that more
> experienced users just don't see any more.

idd :)

Notes from me :

(x) When I do a copypaste from an xterm/terminal. The newlines
are sometimes broken in the wrapped E-Mail.

--
Philip van Hoof aka freax (http://www.freax.eu.org)
irc: irc.openprojects.net mailto:freax @ pandora.be