Re: Balsa distribution formats

> balsa has a debian maintainer. he's responsible for the official packages
> that go into debian.
>

> > Binaries should be compiled so they can run on vanilla installations (or as
> vanilla+updates
>
> > close as possible, if other packages are required, then the dependencies
> > should be listed on the web site, along with links to download them)

The official packages for debian are not listed on the balsa website. Of course if a debian user doesnt know where to actually get the official packages, they must be extremely new :)

The packages linked to from balsa web site to my page will run on a vanilla woody install (The official packages are at 0.9.5 for woody), and the instructions for potato are listed there also, but potato is no longer updated. I have had no complaints about that :)