Re: Balsa crashes and Maildir updates

>  If Balsa is shut down cleanly then this problem does not occur.
> Can anyone explain this behavior or verify that it is a bug?  I've
> seen this behavior in Balsa 1.1.0 all the way up through 1.1.5 which I'm
> using now.

This is because the current mailbox isn't committed to disk after you make
changes to it - on the screen it appears to have changed, but it hasn't
really.  You can make it commit the changes by closing the mailbox and
then opening it again.

AFAIR there are plans afoot to fix this behaviour, and to make the
Mailbox|Commit Current menu option do what it says, but they're not done
yet.

--

Daniel Foster - daniel@34SP.com