Re: Problem with Balsa (libESMTP) ?

On Wed, 30 May 20:25 Hidic Anel wrote:

| I have a problem and I hope you can help me. I downloaded Balsa-1.1.5
| and libESMTP-0.7.3
| from www.balsa.net. I compiled and installed program and library. I
| can
| receive mail with Balsa
| but I can't send any mail. I don't know if that is Balsa or libESMTP
| problem. I keep getting error
| something about "envelope-rcpt-error something error 533  if I am
| correct".

The problem is not in Balsa or libESMTP.  Three digit status codes
starting with 2,4 or 5 are sent from the MTA.  Unfortunately there is
no 533 error code.

However there is a 553 error code which is officially described as
"Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed"

I suspect you have typed the recipient address incorrectly.  The MTA is
complaining because it is unable to relay or deliver mail to that
address.  Another possibility is that the MTA requires authentication.
If this is the case, make sure your user name and password are entered
correctly in the mail server tab of Balsa's preferences.

| It started to happen
| after installing of Balsa-libs. I checked if error is with remote mail
| server. It's not.

It would help to know what the MTA (i.e. mail server) actually is.

| It worked before
| with same configuration ( SuSE 6.3 ) and still works with Windows.

Balsa 1.1.5 + libESMTP configuration != Balsa 1.1.4 configuration.

| My question is "Where should I search?" or "What could be error?" . Is
| it libESMTP? Maybe
| overwrited older lib? Closed some port? Missing some file? Some kind
| of
| protocol incompatibility?

There is no protocol incompatibility. LibESMTP is designed to be
standards compliant and does a better job of it that most.

| Please help, because I really dont like starting Windows just to send
| mail.

Check the configuration you use in Windoze.  Copy the details to
Balsa.

If you are still struggling, try building the example program
that comes with libESMTP.  Use it to send the test mail.
If you cannot send a mail with that either, use the protocol monitor
option.  Mail me the output of that as it will help to locate the
problem.

Regards
Brian Stafford