Balsa crashes and Maildir updates

Hi,
     I've noticed some behavior with Balsa that just doesn't seem right
to me.  I'm using maildir style mailboxes in my home directory and pointing
Balsa to he Maildir directory as its root.  I've noticed that whenever
Balsa crashes on me, for whatever reason, all message moves that I've done
since Balsa was started are undone.  Actually, they're not really undone
because a copy of the message is placed in the folder that I transfered it
to, but when Balsa is restarted after the crash the original message is
still in the folder where it was AND there is a copy of the message in the
folder that I transfered it to.
     I hope this is clear.  Let me give an example just to make sure.
Say I launch Balsa and examine my Inbox.  I see a message that I want to
transfer to my "Linux" folder, so I right-click on the message and select
Transfer->Linux from the pop-up menu.  The message is copied to the Linux
folder and apparently removed from the Inbox.  That is, in Balsa, I no
longer see the message in Inbox and I do see it in the Linux message box.
Then after a while, Balsa crashes while I'm doing some unrelated task - it
doesn't matter how or when it crashes.  When I re-launch Balsa, I look in
the Inbox and the message has reappeared there.  Then I click on the Linux
folder and there is also a copy of the message there!
     It seems as though Balsa is not actually moving messages between
folders, but rather just copying them and removing them from the list view.
 If Balsa is shut down cleanly then this problem does not occur.
     Can anyone explain this behavior or verify that it is a bug?  I've
seen this behavior in Balsa 1.1.0 all the way up through 1.1.5 which I'm
using now.

Thanks.
--
Kris Tanner