Compose Window

I'm running Balsa-1.1.5, compiled from source on Mandrake-7.2, using Icewm,
also compiled from source.  When I start a new message, or reply, etc., the
Compose window is almost as wide as my screen, and I can't resize it
horizontally.  The vertical resize works OK, it's just the horizontal that
I get no response from.

When I position the mouse pointer on the border of the window it changes to
show that I should be able to resize, but it doesn't seem able to "grab"
the window to actually do the resize.  Like I said, it works fine when
resizing vertically.  Also, all other windows can be resized correctly,
it's only the Compose window that's giving me problems.

I had the same issue with Balsa-1.1.4 (I don't recall if it happened in
anything older than that though).  Changing to Icewm with Gnome, or to
Enlightenment or Sawfish also does not "fix" the issue.

So, is anyone else having this issue ?  Is there anything I can try that
might help track down what's going on ?  TIA.