Re: IMAP folder tree pruned

On 2001.05.09 14:57 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> Congratulations on a great mail tool!  I just upgraded to 1.1.4, and it
> looks very good. However...I want to use Balsa solely to manage mail on
> a remote IMAP (Cyrus) host, and I don't understand how to set this up.
> I checked ``subscribed folders only'', and INBOX shows both as a mailbox
> (icon = tray), and as a folder (icon = folder) containing the next level
> of names.  However, these next level items are shown only as mailboxes,
> even though most of them also contain further subfolders.
[snip]
Some poking around showed that a possible problem was in
libbalsa/folder-scanners.c, where, in `imap_add_folder', an IMAP
mailbox/folder was added either as a mailbox or a folder, depending on
`noselect'.  IMAP mailbox/folders that contain both messages and subfolders
presumably have to be added as both.  The following patch (against today's
CVS) does that, and (for me, with my Cyrus host, today) lets me see the
whole tree and the mail; the ugly part is having two items in balsa's
display for each node.

If anyone else is looking into these IMAP issues, I'd be very interested in
hearing about what's going on.

balsa-imapscan-patch.gz