Re: debian packages

On 2001.06.27 01:44:10 +0100 Daniel Serodio wrote:
> 	So, this means there are 3 different sets of Debian packages?

there are ? :)

> Randall Gibson's packages in
> http://www.tvec.net/users/wabbit/ (linked to on Balsa's homepage), Jules

which are for potato i gather. mine are built on woody. i should try
to rip his debian/ ;)

> Bean's in http://people.debian.org/~jules/ (listed as the packege
> maintainer on Debian's homepage), plus yours. You really should combine

Jules is the official debian maintainer. I got the impression he didn't mind
my packages of devel releases.

> your efforts instead of making separate packages. I'm just moving to Debian
> but I don't know which packages to use!

well, i'm doing the packages as a learning experience :) as i'm new to
debian myself. if anyone finds my packages usefull, great. if not, great
too.
note i'm not a debian maint. please don't complain on debian lists about
my packages. i'm almost sure they aren't up to debian's standarts but
they get the job done.

you should use mine if you have woody (unstable) or randall's packages
if you have potato (stable)

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds