Re: Some suggestions and bugs for Balsa 1.1.5

On Mon, 18 June 18:00 Philip Van Hoof wrote:

| Suggestions/bugs
|
| * In Balsa 1.1.5 , the Return-Path in the little box that appears when
| "Selected
| headers" is selected in the "View" popup menu is incorrect. I have

The Return-Path: header is added by the delivering MTA and its value is
usually taken from the MAIL FROM: command in the  SMTP protocol.  Its
value is neither correct nor incorrect, it is merely what the delivering
MTA says it is and may be totally unrelated to mail addresses elsewhere
in the message headers.

| this string at
| the "Selected headers" option in the preferences of display :
| "from to date cc subject return-path". The Return-Path which it
| displays is the
| "From" header I think. However, when I use "reply" then it uses the
| correct
| E-Mail adress to send the reply to.

According to RFC 2822, when replying to a message the value of the

Brian Stafford