Re: Some suggestions and bugs for Balsa 1.1.5

On 2001.06.18 18:00:25 +0100 Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> * In Balsa 1.1.5 , the Return-Path in the little box that appears when
> "Selected
> headers" is selected in the "View" popup menu is incorrect. I have this
> string at
> the "Selected headers" option in the preferences of display :
> "from to date cc subject return-path". The Return-Path which it displays is
> the
> "From" header I think. However, when I use "reply" then it uses the correct
> E-Mail adress to send the reply to.

seems to me balsa is generating the 'return-path' envelope from the From line
for messages that don't have 'return-path'.
i'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug :)

> * There is also no option in the "New Message" box to Reflow only the
> selected
> text, or to wrap only the selected text. This way, also my signature gets
> reflowed.. and say that I have a nice ascii art, it gets screwed of course..
> :o)

Fix your signature. It won't show correctly at the other end anyway.

[snip]

> * When I select a message at the bottom of the list in the mailbox tabs
> then the list should move-up a little bit so that I can select the next
> message more easily. Now I have to start scrolling for that. (if there
> are a lot messages in my mailfile ofcourse). Afaik the netscape-communicator
> mail program does this (mozilla to).

you can type 'n' or click the 'next' button and the 'next unread' button :)

> * collapsing/uncollapsing and moving through the list using the arrow
> keys could be made a little bit better to.

'n' and 'p' navigate the list. it would be nice to be able to assign
the arrow keys to it but that's a gtk+ issue :\

> * Since Balsa and Pan are used in combination by a lot users (I think),
> it would be nice if some typical pan things and some typical balsa
> things would be the same in both programs. Ok, they both use gnome
> so a lot is already in common, but for example url recognition in
> pan is different then in balsa last time I checked.. Complete
> integration of both programs is "NOT" a good idea, the created thing
> would be called bloatware in notime... but that doesn't mean that
> the way of working with both programs can't be the same at some points.

so you mean, we should look at some stuff in pan and steal it ? good point ;)

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds