Re: libESMTP 0.8

On 2001.06.14 14:27:58 +0200 Brian Stafford wrote:
> Frankly, snide comments and torrents of abuse such as those seen
> on the list this morning do nothing to encourage me to improve the
> Balsa interface.

hello!

actually i needed to translate this sentence through babelfish, since
english isn't my native language and it's sometimes hard for me to
translate every sentence with what i have learned.

maybe i am not getting something right now or i missunderstand something
but i think you refer to my reply to you this morning. i don't actually
know how to answer this message now and its for sure not pointed for me
but i feel somehow responsible for your current decission and i want to
clear up some things since i dont want to get the 'beeing an ass' sign
on my head.

oki let me start and please take the time reading this. the first time i
got a reply from you concerning libESMTP some days ago was because i didnt
know (from my understanding) that the core developers removed the internal
BALSA smtp code completely and replaced it with ESMTP i first thought it was
something like an OPTION for me..

OPTION 1: sendmail
OPTION 2: the old SMTP
OPTION 3: libESMTP

i was kinda pissed at this time because i didn't knew it was replaced
completely since it wasn't notified or i didnt get the message. then
i got the reply from you and you took the TIME explaining me and maybe
others the ADVANTAGES of your libESMTP. i for my side am really thankfull
that you offered much time in creating the library and getting things for
BALSA better and better. i am a happy user of balsa myself and i am the
last person on earth starting a troll here or elsewhere. but aint this
messagelist for bugreports and serious comments ? i dont know why people
get pissed that fast. look on my first post in this thread that described
that i cant get balsa compiled doesnt mean that i dont like libESMTP it
was just a notification that theres something wrong. and if i wasnt the
first one posting it then it would be done by someone else (and someone
else got the same problem).

theres no reason for you to answer the question but if you do so then
please drop the arogant behave. after i read the reply from you for the
problem i got after i compiled BALSA recent CVS, i thought the world
stopped turning around. and i felt kinda forced to answer with a suited
reply.

i am developer myself and i know how hard it is getting things debugged
and working and specially if you have no time e.g. wife, real life etc.
i feel responsible for your decission to maybe (freeze or how i understand
it) your project but on the other hand i really appreciate somekinda fair
replies if possible. you people want me beeing correct to other people so
please behave the same. specially if there are different nations reading
and writing to the channel, that usually have different views and thoughts
of things. unfortunately the ammount of people that gets pissed off or
answer with an arogant manner or the way like 'i am a god and you are a
stupid user that come from windows' is not the way and doesnt get us
forward. look at the reply from christophe barbé this morning. it is his
oppinion and i take it as it is besides its not a nice reply. you people
usually earn this what you put out.. nothing more and nothing less.

please do me a favour if you want to reply to this message then please
write it private to me. i want to keep this mail only a one direction
message specially meant to brian stafford.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de