Re: Request Feature

On 2001.06.04 07:48 Matthew Walton wrote:
> Cristina Nunes wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I've just installed balsa 1.1.5 and i'm beggining to like it enough to
> >quit mutt for good.
> >
> >I read in the homepage that Balsa is very much alike Eudora in someways
and
> >i was wondering if there was any intension to add to it's features one
that
> >a friend of mine that uses Eudora (I do not use Windows) discribed to
me,
> >which is the one that enables you to have various aliases, ie, different
> >SMTP servers/accounts for different purposes.
> >I mean, if I have different POP accounts, I would like to be able to
select
> >a different configuration to my headers and my smtp server so that I may
> >reply to the messages I receive from those different accounts.
> >

> You can simulate this to a certain extent by turning on the displaying
> of the From header in the message compose window, which you can then
> edit to whatever you want (or indeed pick it out of your address book).

Another way to get the effect you want (though it is something of a
sledgehammer approach) is to create multiple users in your Linux box for
each SMTP server. This will create a different ~/.gnome/balsa file for each
user. While others may not care for this approach, it works perfectly for
the way I organize my system.

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price