Re: deleteing messages and trash

On 2001.06.04 15:17 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 09:57:58PM +0200, Bo Rosén wrote:
> > Den 2001.06.04 21:32 skrev Lynn Kerby:
> >

> > Still, very irritating - and I don't understand the reason for it.
> >

> humm .. this is actually a feature. i don't recall why it's in ..
>
> maybe it should be made a preference ? sigh :)

probably, though it is rather an unkind feature, and it would
be nice if it were taken out til it can be a preference...

In creating a patch that disables it I also discovered a rather
ugly bit of code... When you open a folder, and balsa is compiled
with threading, an extra thread is created to actually open the
folder... all well and good, but that _other_ thread is then the
one that pops the notebook page to the front. I don't know if
that is guaranteed to be thread safe (seems unlikely), and even
if it is, it is rather disconcerting to the poor user, who might go
off to do something, and suddenly have their folder changed.

Attached is the patch. It has one rather unfortunate bug, which
is that when you open a folder it will not pop to front unless it
was already open (you have to "open" it twice). If it ends up that
changing the notebook page is thread safe, open should be
parameterized the same way that the reset function was... that
way it'll do the right thing.

	-gordo

balsa-open-patch