Re: balsa update

On 2001.06.03 22:25:32 +0200 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> > never figured out that but it would be cool to get immediate information
> > e.g. i start balsa and it should tell me immediately how many mails i have
> > in each mailbox and how many of them are unread. and whenever i pop my
> > email it should automatically update the status too (same for sent messages
> > and messages that went into the outbox for some reason) this would help much.
> >

> it doesn't cause it only checks for new mail when it gets new mail. you
> can tell it to fetch new mail when it starts.
> i never had the wrong-update thing happen without using procmail so i guess
> it's related with the time procmail takes to drop the mail.
> i shall have to investigate :\

yeah but i really would appreciate getting something like this (look at the
little picture) whenever i start balsa.

- upon startup it should me show all unread and total messages of all
  mailboxes.
- whenever i press sent/receive it should update the ammount of unread
  messages also without having to move on the mailbox to get them updated

this should really be possible to implement and would do much more for
us. i could do this myself since i dont have much time i rely on you experts
because you know balsa much better than i do. it should only constantly keep
updating

a) on startup
b) on actions, like move, copy, delete, new message
c) on poll

at least on all kinda actions. cant be that hard..

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de

1.jpg