Re: balsa update

On 2001.06.03 14:15:29 +0200 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> > ...they are there but they dont DO their job correctly. its useless
> > getting informed that there are 2 new mails in this directory and 2
> > of them are unread whenever you enter the directory. you need to get
> > the NEWS and STATUS of the emails whenever they get POP3'ed or IMAP'ed.
> >

> they kind of work for me. do you have mboxes inside directories ? i have no
> idea how balsa behaves with that. i should check though :)
> could you please detail how your maildir is laid out ?

look at the attached (little) picture and here:

bash-2.05$ ls -l mail/
total 13324
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users     2782536 Jun  3 14:29 balsa
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users           0 Jun  3 14:17 draftbox
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users      256856 Jun  3 14:17 evolution
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users      322589 Jun  3 14:17 ewe
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users      765511 Jun  3 14:17 galeon
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users       12302 Jun  3 14:17 guestbook
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users        3450 Jun  3 14:17 noten
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users           0 Jun  3 14:17 outbox
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users     9487080 Jun  3 14:17 sentbox
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users           0 Jun  3 14:17 trash
bash-2.05$

> > i usually go may way this..
> >
> > - starting balsa.
> > - leeching emails.
> > - going through all mailboxes to see where the emails went in.
> >

> clicking 'check' again usually does it for me as it will refresh the local
> mail status *after* all the messages have been droped by procmail.
> it should be fixed though

never figured out that but it would be cool to get immediate information
e.g. i start balsa and it should tell me immediately how many mails i have
in each mailbox and how many of them are unread. and whenever i pop my
email it should automatically update the status too (same for sent messages
and messages that went into the outbox for some reason) this would help much.

> > sometimes this making me mad then i ask myself what reason these status
> > flags have.. i would really appreciate to see them updating whenever i
> > pop or sent emails. sometimes some emails remain in the outbox because
> > my isp's smtp sucked. i usually dont get informed about this.
> >

> you should be geting a message when some message are left in the outbox.
> 1 more thing to check :)

no, no messages telling me that there are something left in the outbox
at least i disabled all dialogs :)

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de