Re: balsa update

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 09:52:56AM +0200, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> hello!
>
> i have a little request to speak out, i wish i could do coding right
> now myself but i am in exams stress right now so i have no time at
> all:
>
> e.g. you have 10 messageboxes and use procmail to filter them. now you
> get 25-30 new mails within 1-2 hrs and you dont know what kinda emails
> came in and where balsa split them up. means you need to search half day
> to see in which folder balsa put them in. these flags that show how many
> new mails and old mails remain in the folders doesnt help much because
> they are there but they dont DO their job correctly. its useless getting
> informed that there are 2 new mails in this directory and 2 of them are
> unread whenever you enter the directory. you need to get the NEWS and
> STATUS of the emails whenever they get POP3'ed or IMAP'ed.

they kind of work for me. do you have mboxes inside directories ? i have no
idea how balsa behaves with that. i should check though :)
could you please detail how your maildir is laid out ?

> i usually go may way this..
>
> - starting balsa.
> - leeching emails.
> - going through all mailboxes to see where the emails went in.

clicking 'check' again usually does it for me as it will refresh the local
mail status *after* all the messages have been droped by procmail.
it should be fixed though

> sometimes this making me mad then i ask myself what reason these status
> flags have.. i would really appreciate to see them updating whenever i
> pop or sent emails. sometimes some emails remain in the outbox because
> my isp's smtp sucked. i usually dont get informed about this.

you should be geting a message when some message are left in the outbox.
1 more thing to check :)

(This is a shareware sig. If you wish to receive the FULL COMERCIAL EDITION
please send me lots of money)