Re: Re: balsa 1.1.7 freezes

On 2001-07-23 23:09 Gordon Oliver wrote:
> oops, yes, I noticed this after the fact. Sorry for the false alarm...
> There is something else annoying with this behaviour though... The
> sequence goes thuslike:
>   - user clicks on folder A
>   - folder A shows up.
>   - user reads messages
>   - user clicks on folder B (imap over a slow connection)
>   - user clicks on folder C (local folder)
>   - folder C shows up.
>   - user clicks on message in folder C.
>   - folder B shows up.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what we should do here (having tabs present is
> one way of dealing with it). This is certainly an annoying thing for a
> user, and makes the background loading almost more of a liability than
> feature.

Yeah, right, I did not think about it. While the mailbox swapping is
quite clear when the index tabs are shown, I absolutely agree it can be
surprising when the tabs are hidden... I don't have any ideas at the
moment, though.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202