Re: Re: balsa 1.1.7 freezes

On 2001.07.23 01:59 Pawel Salek wrote:
> The patch should not be necessary since the gtk/gdk code is actually
> protected with gdk_threads_enter()/gdk_threads_leave() mutex (un)locking
> sequence.

oops, yes, I noticed this after the fact. Sorry for the false alarm...
There is something else annoying with this behaviour though... The sequence
goes thuslike:
  - user clicks on folder A
  - folder A shows up.
  - user reads messages
  - user clicks on folder B (imap over a slow connection)
  - user clicks on folder C (local folder)
  - folder C shows up.
  - user clicks on message in folder C.
  - folder B shows up.

I'm not entirely sure what we should do here (having tabs present is one
way
of dealing with it). This is certainly an annoying thing for a user, and
makes
the background loading almost more of a liability than feature. Perhaps
some
sort of visual indicator (an extra column with a watch when a folder is
and something else when it is ready?) would fix it.
	-gordo