Re: Re: balsa 1.1.7 freezes

On 2001-07-21 03:29 Gordon Oliver wrote:
> hmm... I was mucking around because I didn't like the behavior of
> balsa a while back, and there is some _really_ dubious code in the
> threaded open stuff. It does things that no program should (like
> arbitrarily doing things from two threads).
>
> I didn't have any crashes/lockups at that point, but I have been
> running with a modified balsa ever since... It displays annoying
> behaviour, but does not lock up.

The patch should not be necessary since the gtk/gdk code is actually
protected with gdk_threads_enter()/gdk_threads_leave() mutex (un)locking
sequence. If there is a bug somewhere (and the crashes/lockups you
experience are the evidence that there is one), it is because calls to
gtk routines are not protected by the gdk mutex, and not because the
opening sequence is wrong, IMO.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202