Re: Re: balsa 1.1.7 freezes

On 2001.07.20 05:38 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On 2001.07.20 14:28:58 +0200 Bo RosX wrote:

> > That was a bit unclear, sorry. I have balsa set to remember
> > open mboxes between sessions, and when it jumps between them
> > on start up, it eventually hangs. Different mbox each time.
>
> hmm i have no experience with that since i dont use that feature

hmm... I was mucking around because I didn't like the behavior of
balsa a while back, and there is some _really_ dubious code in the
threaded open stuff. It does things that no program should (like
arbitrarily doing things from two threads)

I didn't have any crashes/lockups at that point, but I have been
running with a modified balsa ever since... It displays annoying
behaviour, but does not lock up.

If you seem to be getting this lockup a lot, try this patch. It will
make it so you have to click more than once to open a folder (balsa
will actually open it, but will _not_ change to the new folder). This
avoids the second thread changing widgets.
	-gordo

ook.patch