Re: libESMTP 0.8.3

On 2001.07.09 20:42 Rikke D . Giles wrote:

> > Off-topic: and if anyone knows how to restore the GNOME panels for a
> > given
> > user, I'd appreciate. My main login lost *all* of its panels. (I *know
> > that's off-topic, but I'm running out of ideas...)
> >

> Hey Raven,
>
> Not sure this'll work, but have you tried copying the .gnome directory
> from
> another 'good' login into your main login directory?  There is probably a
> 'setup' or rc file to do this too, but it might be easier just to copy it
> over.  Then if your main login doesn't have these default panels (after
> copying the .gnome directory) right click on the desktop and tell it to
> reload from the file (click 'rescan desktop directory').
>
> Before you copy over a 'default' .gnome directory make sure you backup
> your
> old directory, just in case there is stuff in there you want or need.
> Anyway, just a quick and dirty possible solution,

Actually, I had been considering that idea, but on comparison between the
crippled login and a good one and finding nothing resembling corruption, I
was holding that as a last option.

Things being as they are, the problem's fixed. I opened an Eterm and typed
the command "panel". This started the panels, at which point I destroyed
the Eterm, which destroyed the panels, and then GNOME noticed the
destruction of the panels and restarted them.

Thanks much for the idea, though. This happened once before, and the only
way I could find to fix it was to destroy the original login and create a
new one from scratch.
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price