Re: (no subject)

kažkada, berods Pr, 2001-01-08 09:43+0100, Patrice Moreaux rašė:
> I would like to share my personnal mailboxes between Eudora (Winxx) and
> some Unix Mail User Agent (MUA) like Balsa without any conversion.
>
> I want to keep my mailboxes under a Win partition, user-mounted when I run
> Linux (SuSE) and consult and update (via POP3) them.
>
> Could you tell me if this could be possible with Balsa as MUA under Linux?
> Is there a Winxx implementation of Balsa?

yes, this is possible, but only if the windows client supports one of
mailbox formats balsa supports. They are: mbox, MH and Maildir. Check
whether your Eudora can keep mail in such mailboxes and not it's own format,
and use it.

I have done this with Netscape and Pegasus Mail on Windows side, and
Netscape/mutt/Balsa on Linux side.

Balsa is not ported to Windows and it is not possible until gnome-libs does
not run on Windows.

The only mail clients which run on both platforms I know are
Netscape Messenger, pine and Mahogany.

--
Gediminas Paulauskas  ···  http://03bar.ktu.lt/~menesis/  ···  ICQ 24859336