Re: Problems with reply

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Johan Rask wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:03:34 Berend De Schouwer wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:08:23 Johan Rask wrote:
> > | I have problems replying to the sender of e-mail to some mailinglists.
> >
> > Its a "known problem", but not unique to Balsa.  It normally happens
> > because the mailing list is setup to add "Reply-To:" and other headers
> > in a broken manner.  ie. its a mailing list problem.  For more
> > information read http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html.
> >
> > I've had similar problems in other mail clients too.  What mail
> > client works "properly" in all cases?
>
> I liked the way pine works, since that one asks if you want to reply to
> reply-to and if not you can reply to the sender. FIrst it asks you if you
> want to use reply-to, then it asks you about if you want to reply to all.
> What I would like to see is an option, or something, not to automatically
> use the reply-to field for to in the reply message.

I would prefer to see the mutt functionality implemented, where you indicate
which email addresses are mailing lists, then use the "Reply to Mailing
List" button instead of simply "Reply" when you want the mail to go to the
list.  It works well, and doesn't require an additional set of questions to
work.

I'll try to give a go at implementing this sometime later this week or early
next.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                     If it doesn't work, force it. If
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca                it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.