Re: Problems with reply

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:03:34 Berend De Schouwer wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:08:23 Johan Rask wrote:
> | I have problems replying to the sender of e-mail to some mailinglists.
>
> Its a "known problem", but not unique to Balsa.  It normally happens
> because the mailing list is setup to add "Reply-To:" and other headers
> in a broken manner.  ie. its a mailing list problem.  For more
> information read http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html.
>
> I've had similar problems in other mail clients too.  What mail
> client works "properly" in all cases?

I liked the way pine works, since that one asks if you want to reply to
reply-to and if not you can reply to the sender. FIrst it asks you if you
want to use reply-to, then it asks you about if you want to reply to all.
What I would like to see is an option, or something, not to automatically
use the reply-to field for to in the reply message.

> | I also noticed that there are a lot fewer headers in my inbox. Is that
> | because that's an imap inbox? (The balsa list is moved to another
> mailbox
> | by procmail)
>
> Do you mean less headers like "To:", "From:", etc?  If so, Balsa
> by default only displays some headers.
> Settings->preferences->display->Display Formats->Selected headers
> might help.

All headers can be seen when selecting all headers, but not for my IMAP
inbox. Is that imap misconfigured or doesn't balsa retreive all headers or
is it the way imap works? In my inbox I get: subject, date, from, to, cc,
message-id, references, in-reply-to and sender when it is from a list.