Balsa pop config problems

Hello all,

I'm having problems connecting to my POP e-mail account using Balsa.  I
downloaded the rpm for Balsa 1.0.1 and installed it on my RH7 system.

Using Mailbox Configurator I've configured:

Earthlink
mail.earthlink.net
110
ewgoforth
*******

Unchecked 	Use APOP Authentication
Checked 	Delete messages from server...
Unchecked	Filter messages...
Unchecked 	Periodically Check

For local mail I have checked /root/mail

For Outgoing mail I have checked Local mail user agent.

It isn't connecting to Earthlink.  Am I going to need to configure
fetchmail in order to get balsa to work.  I normally use Netscape as my
e-mail client.  In the past I've used Pine and fetchmail, but it's been
a while.

Thanks,
Eric