Re: New expand-alias patch.

On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 14:19:16 Ian Campbell wrote:

> Looking good! Unless I hear otherwise I shall apply it tonight...
>
> Two small comments.
>
> I notice that the only real functionality left in src/expand-alias.c is
> expand_alias_find_match, due to a dependance on balsa_app. However, all
> balsa_app is used for is for the list of address books. This could be
> made into a paramter which is passed to the widget at construction time
> or shortly after. The widget should probably g_list_copy the list and ref
> all the address books (to guard against the balsa_app version of the list
> changing while the compose window is open) and unref them in destroy.

I'll have to play with g_object_set_ref() (I think).  It is indeed
the only reason that file still exists.

> Second, if I type in a local mailbox name (say 'ijc' - which has no @)
> and
> then press Enter or Tab then "@en_GB" gets appended. Probably it's a
> dangling pointer (the exact text was different in the last patch)

I've had that at various stages while creating the patch, so maybe
I haven't squashed that bug.  Its supposed to add the default
domain, but it has in the past caused a pointer error.

When the widget gets created, src/sendmsg-window.c calls
libbalsa_address_entry_set_domain() with the parameter
balsa_app.domain.  Its a configuration option in the first tab
in the preferences dialog.

The widget only copies the pointer, not the full string.  It does
catch a NULL pointer, but it does indeed still sometimes cause
a problem.  I'll have to dig a little deeper.

btw, check your preferences.  Chances are it has saved your
default domain as "en_GB" now...  Interesting side-effect.