Re: filtering - How to?

I won't claim to be expert at this, but here's what I think is going on:

Balsa is using the /var/spool/mail/user file as its inbox and writing the
mail it receives from POP into that file. You should change that behavior
as there's potential for confusion.

Procmail can only work with mail that it's given, and it's only given mail
by the local sendmail, so your procmail rules are not being looked at.

What I would do is set up fetchmail to get your POP mail and give it to
sendmail, which will then give it to procmail. This is pretty simple to
do, there's even a nice GUI tool called fetchmailconf. Once you've done
that you can point Balsa to your /home/user/mail directory and all will be
filtered.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: It's what's for dinner!