Re: current cvs version

On 2001-02-25 17:19 Michael Reinsch wrote:
> 2) I used to let balsa open all mailboxes upon startup. This feature
> is now
> broken, balsa only opens one mailbox:
> Opening 19 mailboxes on startup.
> already opening another mailbox.
> already opening another mailbox.

Explanation: the mailbox opening is done now in threads. When new thread
is forked it checks if there is another mailbox opening thread active
and it quits if this is true - it blocks opening the same mailbox
twice. However, it breaks the -m option as you notice.

I initially thought that simple queuing on single mutex would do but
while it would fix "-m" option, it would break multiple open test. So
one needs to do it in a smarter way. I think the just commited patch
should work fine (give it some time to propagate to anoncvs).

/Pawel