Re: Start implementing GnuPG support...

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 11:37:55AM +0100, Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001-02-16 11:15 Jose C. García Sogo wrote:
> >  I think this is the way Balsa should go. But I have not found any
> > conclusion about if Pawel is going to start using it or not.
>
> 1. I confirm that libmutt will be deprecated - sooner or later.
>
> 2. GMime seems very promising but I haven't figured out possible
> conflicts with libESTMP and/or camel which both seem quite appealing.
> Can somebody tell us some details about these packages?

  I don't know anything about libESTMP.

  About Camel, I see some issues:
  	1. For now, it is tied up with Evolution (I haven't found it as a different
	package, and it does not make sense to install Evo to get Camel ;-)

	2. How much is its API frozen? When have to consider that the API can change
	breaking compatibility.

	3. It does not support PGP/MIME. Its support is added in Evo in
	mail/mail-crypto.c, not in Camel

  And GMime only adds Mime support, not all the stuff that Camel provides.

  Perhaps Jeffrey Stedfast can help us a bit more, as he is really developing Evo
 and is also the author of GMime.

---
José Carlos García Sogo         Seahorse(-bonobo) developer
jose jaimedelamo eu org         http://seahorse.sourceforge.net

Key-Id: 0x90788E11
Fingerprint = B06B 023F EAA6 37DC 1E62  B079 4BE0 5825 9078 8E11