Compiling Balsa without pspell?

Hi all-

   I've looked through the archives and couldn't find anything about
this, so I thought I'd ask.  If I understand correctly, the only
function pspell serves in Balsa is to enable the spellcheck function.
I'm running Gnome on Solaris, and having a lot of trouble compiling
pspell, so since I don't usually need spellcheck anyway, I would like
to just compile Balsa without the spellcheck functionality.  Is this
possible?

TIA!