Re: Some ideas of improvments

On Mon, Feb 12 2001 09:41:41 Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> Buvo Pr, 2001-02-12 08:13+0100, kai Jonas Aaberg rašė:
> > I would like to be able to use different smtp servers and
> > "From:" addresses.
>
> I wonder why people need several SMTP servers? No matter how much email
> account do you have, use your nearest server (the one which your ISP gives
> to you).
>
> You can create an address book of your own adresses, and use a little book
> on the right of "From:" address to select. Or let autocompletion work...

Actually I think he was refering to user-profiles or whatever you want
to call them.  This feature has been mentioned on this list previously
and I think (and hope) it will be added at some point.  It includes
more than just an smtp server, usually a different From address and
signature are included in a user-profile definition.

~Jason

| Jason A. Smith                     E-mail:  smithj4_rpi@yahoo.com  |
| Physics Department                 Phone:   (518)276-2050          |
| Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute   FAX:     (518)276-6680          |
| Troy, NY 12180-3590                WWW:          N/A               |