Re: Some ideas of improvments

Buvo Pr, 2001-02-12 08:13+0100, kai Jonas Aaberg rašė:
> I would like to be able to use different smtp servers and
> "From:" addresses.

I wonder why people need several SMTP servers? No matter how much email
account do you have, use your nearest server (the one which your ISP gives
to you).

You can create an address book of your own adresses, and use a little book
on the right of "From:" address to select. Or let autocompletion work...

> Also a default smtp server would be nice to have. Like if I
> want to make a joke with a friend, that is a starwars fan,
> it would be nice to use an open smtp server that allows anyone
> to send from it, and have anything in the from field, like
> in this case, I would like to have "Dart.Vader@The-Empire.org"
> or something like that. (I don't mean a function that you
> can send spam.)

Oh, one case I have never thought about. If it's not available, it think it
is even good :)

> Secret "CC" would be nice too. Sometimes I would like to
> send the same letter to two persons and it would be nice
> if they don't know that both got it.

Huh? It was there for ages. "Secret CC" is called "Bcc:" (Blind Carbon
Copy), and works exactly as you have said. If it is not visible, you can
enable it from View (or Show?) menu.

> An Xbiff function would also be nice. That you could have a
> transparent window(Like the wheelbarrow in the GTK+ tutorial)
> that changes if you have a mail and maybe shows how many new mails, if
> you don't want to download them with the "get mail periodicly".

This is not balsa functionality. There are some such programs available.
They are called applets and you definitely have one, just click on panel,
add to panel->applet->network->mail check. Or find GBox, use gkrellm's
mailwatch plugin, or Xbiff :)

--
Gediminas Paulauskas  ···  http://03bar.ktu.lt/~menesis/  ···  ICQ 24859336