Re: libesmtp rpms - Outbox still driving me crazy . . Solved - Bug?

Hi all,

I was having trouble moving from v1.1.4 to versions 1.1.7 - 1.2preX and
libesmtp 0.8.4 where sent items would just get stuck in the outbox and
never go anywhere.

With suggestions from Brian Stafford I eventually got to the stage of
trying a fresh install on another computer (RH7.1) - and this worked!.

After this positive result I went back to the non-working setup and ran X
and balsa as root and this also worked!  So it was nothing to do with my
workstation specifically.  Then I renamed my .gnome dir and started with a
new desktop environment and resetup balsa - this also worked.  Then I
restored my original desktop and kept the new .gnome/balsa file and this
worked as well.

I have done a diff on the old and new balsa config files and the relevent
bits seem to be:

106,107c110,111
< Clean=2
< Suspicious=2
---
 > Clean=1
 > Suspicious=0
110,112c114,116
< SMTP=true
< SMTPServer=nsw.chu.com.au
< SMTPPort=25
---
 > ESMTPServer=nsw.chu.com.au:25
 > ESMTPUser=phil
 > ESMTPPassphrase=
116,119d119
< ESMTPServer=nsw.chu.com.au:587
< ESMTPUser=phil
< ESMTPPassphrase=
< AlwaysQueueSentMail=1
120a121
 > AlwaysQueueSentMail=0

It looks like the stuff that starts with SMTP shouldn't be there anymore? -
remember I was just using the existing environment that was working for
balsa 1.1.4 .

Brian thinks it might be a bug in Balsa.

Regards,

Phil.

-
Philip Rhoades