Spell checker problems ("aspell" module)

I'm was just trying to spell check an e-mail message written in Norwegian
(with "Language" set to "Norwegian", obviously.) It didn't work quite as
well as I hoped. One of the problems appears to be that the "aspell-no"
dictionary is incomplete; some very common words must be missing. However,
the Balsa spell check sometimes reports a word as misspelled when "aspell
--language-tag=no check" on the same text doesn't. Notably, this is the
case for single-letter words like "i" and "å", and abbreviations like
"m.a.o." and "o.l.".

Ideas, anyone?
--
Toralf Lund <toralf@kscanners.com>  +47 66 85 51 22
Kongsberg Scanners AS               +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)