Re: feature announcement

hi,

> > > The "search for message" feature in most mailers I have tested (not that
> > > many, I admit) leaves a lot to be desired. The problem lies in the way
> > the
> > > search results are presented; you will typically get a list of the
> > matching
> > > messages in a separate window. This is not very useful to me at least,
> > as I
> > > want to see the messages in their proper context, i.e. I'm interested in
> > > the whole thread even if not all messages match. In other words, I would
> > > prefer the search function to simply highlight the matching messages in
> > the
> > > normal mailbox view.
>
> Definitely only as an option, not as a mandatory thing! I have HUGE
> mailboxes (in excess of 5000 messages) and if I search one for a string, I
> do not want to have to scroll through 5000 emails looking for the
> highlighted ones.

we could do this like "egrep -A5 -B5" for each matching line the line and -
now i tell - 5 lines before and after.

or an other option could to present the mails and if you click on one of them
the the mail windows opens but the search string is highlighted like the
cached sites on google.

--
regards,
alias m96.