Re: BUG: Major problem, data loss

Hi,

On 2001.08.22 22:50 John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
> I've  noticed that sometimes stuff like this gets stuffed into one of
> /tmp, /var/tmp, /usr/tmp, etc.  Have you checked there?

No, there are a lot of messages I have written and received in the past in
/tmp, in files named mutt-work-xxxx-yyy, but this message wasn't there.
This cannot be allowed to happen. I would suggest to save a copy of
everything in the compose window as soon as "send" is clicked, before doing
anything else. The file can be deleted on successful transmission, or else
will be overwritten next time a message is sent, but that would at least
allow for recovery of the message text in case something goes wrong.

Melanie