Re: PATCH: Compose Coordinates *FINAL 3*

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:10:19
 Ali Akcaagac wrote:

>yes, thats why my first intention was only to show one single text-
>line in a statusbar, simple, easy, clean. but that statusbar idea
>with cells aint bad at all.

Status bar IS a good idea but I still have
the feeling that putting too much there
is cluttering the interface... So it would
be preferable to have the possibility you
proposed for the user to set in preferences
which information to include in the stat bar
and which not.

>well this depends, getting the x/y origin from the text takes the
>same time calculation than counting the words or the size in bytes.

Performance was not my point.

>> it the same way xemacs does in column/line minor modes?
>
>s/xemacs/vim/g
>now we are correct again :)

Whatever. I'm using both and couldn't care
less about the editor wars.

>well as i said this 'feature' is just an IDEA, nothing that should go
>into CVS or whatever. just an idea that i state as you see i have

Personally I think that some form of this
stat bar is useful enough to get into
balsa.

M.

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!