Re: IMAP check options - again

On 2001.08.16 03:30 Toralf Lund wrote:
> The recently introduced patches for IMAP mail check make a whole lot of
> difference to me, but of course I'm never quite satisfied... What would
> be
> really useful, is some way of checking the mailbox I'm currently viewing,
> other than closing and reopening it. As I indicated earlier, checking
> _everything_ is not an option since it takes way too long, and I'm not
> really interested, either. I mainly want the current mailbox, and then
> perhaps in addition INBOX, nothing else.

One possibility is to change the functionality of the `Check' button by
adding more options in the Preferences. The decision as to whether to check
a given mailbox is made at `check' time, so it can easily be based on
information like which mailbox(es) are open, or selected. I originally had
in mind these options:

Check IMAP Mailboxes:
- all
- all open
- INBOX
- none

where `all open' and `INBOX' could be chosen at the same time. If we added

- current

to the list, I think it would meet this need.

I guess another possibility would be to add a `Check now' option to the
Mailbox menu (and to the right-click context menu). Are there reasons to
prefer one of these approaches to the other, or other approaches to think
about?