Re: IMAP check options - again

On 2001.08.16 13:00 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 2001.08.16 03:30 Toralf Lund wrote:
> > The recently introduced patches for IMAP mail check make a whole lot of
> > difference to me, but of course I'm never quite satisfied... What would
> > be
> > really useful, is some way of checking the mailbox I'm currently
> viewing,
> > other than closing and reopening it. As I indicated earlier, checking
> > _everything_ is not an option since it takes way too long, and I'm not
> > really interested, either. I mainly want the current mailbox, and then
> > perhaps in addition INBOX, nothing else.
>
> One possibility is to change the functionality of the `Check' button by
> adding more options in the Preferences. The decision as to whether to
> check
> a given mailbox is made at `check' time, so it can easily be based on
> information like which mailbox(es) are open, or selected. I originally
> had
> in mind these options:
>
> Check IMAP Mailboxes:
> - all
> - all open
> - INBOX
> - none
>
> where `all open' and `INBOX' could be chosen at the same time. If we
> added
>
> - current
>
> to the list, I think it would meet this need.
>
> I guess another possibility would be to add a `Check now' option to the
> Mailbox menu (and to the right-click context menu). Are there reasons to
> prefer one of these approaches to the other, or other approaches to think
> about?
Well, I guess the 2nd note in my original message should be considered. I
would like to have a simple way of transferring headers and at the same
time stop the rotating envelope in my mail check applet, which can be very
annoying at times (well, I could set it up in a different, way, or use
another application, of course...)

Apart from that, I prefer having one toolbar button for the entire
operation.

--
- Toralf