IMAP check options - again

The recently introduced patches for IMAP mail check make a whole lot of
difference to me, but of course I'm never quite satisfied... What would be
really useful, is some way of checking the mailbox I'm currently viewing,
other than closing and reopening it. As I indicated earlier, checking
_everything_ is not an option since it takes way too long, and I'm not
really interested, either. I mainly want the current mailbox, and then
perhaps in addition INBOX, nothing else.

Oh, and while I'm at at it: It would also be nice to have a simple way of
flushing everything to the server, mainly to silence the mail-check applet
(which I've also set up to use IMAP, of course) once I have retrieved the
new messages. I don't think "Commit Current" does quite enough, or if it's
supposed to, and I'd like to have the function available on the toolbar. In
fact, a button that would transfer new headers (i.e. "Check"), then commit
(or whatever you call it) might be just what I want.
--
- Toralf