Re: IMAP check options
- From: Peter Bloomfield <PeterBloomfield MindSpring com>
- To: "M . Thielker" <balsa t-data com>
- Cc: Balsa List <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: IMAP check options
- Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:07:18 -0400
On 2001.08.12 04:20 M . Thielker wrote:
> Thanks for that patch, it does just what it's supposed to do. But the
> for this patch poses another question: Why is STATUS sent twice, anyway?
I've never seen redundant STATUS requests going out--how are you detecting
> This nicely matches up with complaints from other users about slow IMAP
> checks and downloads, there seems to be some redundant code here.
Slow IMAP *opens* I believe are caused by Balsa scanning the tree from
scratch--I'm pretty sure that Netscape Messsenger (my other reader) saves a
lot of information about the tree, to avoid a full scan--I don't how far we
want to go down that road. Slow checks we're getting on top of. Slow
downloads I know nothing of.
] [Thread Prev