Re: Fixed: printing of mails with national characters

Hi Pawel!

Am 19.04.2001 10:23:40 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
> I think the line is fine. If you had more ideas how to improve the
> layout etc, share them.

Well, I have quite a lot of ideas... Printing works really fine if the message
consists of just a single text part. In a multipart message, all text parts
are printed, but "glued together" without a separation, which may look a
little odd. All other types are just ignored.

My idea is to create a "Netscape-like" printout, which prints the parts of a
multipart message separated by lines. A text part is printed as text, an image
might also get printed, and everything else just gives an icon plus a short
description. I am already working on that, stay tuned...

> I think this is sufficiently good assumption. In long term,
> libbalsa_message_charset() should be improved, I think...

Have a look at the attached patch, it *might* do the job... The routine now
first checks body->charset, then uses the "old" method, and then loops over
all parts of a mutt_body until it finds a charset parameter. Please note that
I ommitted the call to libbalsa_message_body_get_parameter() by using its
contents. Now this routine is only used in find_body_font() of
src/balsa_message.c, line 1044.

Yours, Albrecht.

    Albrecht Dreß  -  Monschauer Straße 22  -  D-53121 Bonn (Germany)
      Phone (+49) 228 6199571  -  E-Mail albrecht.dress@arcormail.de

Charset-Patch