Re: Do very long mails cause problems with balsa?

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:53:16 Phil Rhoades wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a number of Linux servers sending me the results of backup scripts
>
> (from rsync usually) which results in very long e-mail items - this seems
>
> to cause a problem for balsa (it locks up - the diagnostics showing
> heiroglyphics in the subject part of the message) - has anyone come
> across
> this?

I have the exact same problem.  Any long message causes balsa to freeze for
a little bit while trying to display the message.  After the message if
finally displayed it is like molasses trying to scroll down the message to
view it.  It happens in both the preview pane and when I actually open the
message.  I'm not sure if you use IMAP but that is the only mail I recieve
so I'm not sure if that is related or not.  I can also send a zipped file
but usually it is a digest of a message list.

--
David W. Jablonski
Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corporation