Do very long mails cause problems with balsa?

Hi all,

I have a number of Linux servers sending me the results of backup scripts
(from rsync usually) which results in very long e-mail items - this seems
to cause a problem for balsa (it locks up - the diagnostics showing
heiroglyphics in the subject part of the message) - has anyone come across
this?

Also, is it possible to turn off the diagnostics that are going to the
window where balsa is started - it shows the login and password plainly.

Thanks,

Phil.
-
Philip Rhoades