Re: Some minor issues

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Enrique Blanco Sanz wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I think balsa is in a state close to the next stable version and I have
> some suggestions:
>
> - when you start balsa the mail-boxes list in the left appear but the
> number of messages each one contains does not, you have to select it in
> order to see it, I think it is not difficult to make balsa chek the boxes
> on startup and show the values.

It's a lot trickier than you might imagine, mostly it takes a long time to
figure out how many messages are in large mailboxes, and some people (like
me) have a lot of large mailboxes.  The last time I tried fooling around
with this it caused Balsa to take 15 minutes to start up.  There are ways
around it but right now I don't think anyones working on that area.

> - How can I select different languajes for the message I am writing?

Currenty you can select the character set for a message, is this what you're
looking for?

> - Drag'nDrop between mailboxes woul be great.

Yes it would, and it's on the TODO already.  Look for it probably in the
next dev cycle (0.11 or whatever we end up calling it).

> - How about showing a contact list in a box under the mail-boxes (ala
> outlook)?

Not sure what you mean here, I avoid outlook like the plague and really used
it in years.

> - When you retieve mail from a POP server (I dont know if it happens with
> IMAP) is there a timeout in case the server stops sending data?

Not sure, AFAIK, no.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                      "I came to kick ass and chew gum...
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca                 and I'm all out of gum"